In other news: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MKA!
(image via olsensanonymous)
1. Make your ‘fashion’ blog on Tumblr.com, or Blogger.com
2. Pick a title that’s really ambiguous. Indie band song titles work (ie. KarmaPolice, CrownOfLove, SkinnyLove) Or, you could be really obvious about your fashion blog’s title (ie. FashionFever, Love4Fashion, CheckOutMyCloset)
3. Search for ‘fashion’ tags and reblog almost every picture you like decently enough.
4. When you get tired of reblogging, search for photos of cut off jorts… especially if they’re studded.
5. Post pictures of what’s in your purse (only if you have a Chanel compact, BlackBerry/iPhone, cigarettes, ray-bans, and if your purse is ‘vintage’ LV or Chanel)
6. Post quotes or pictures of quotes (that are layered on top of pictures of nebulae) about love, or not needing love, or not giving a fuck.
OK, OK Obviously I’m not serious about this & I am totally owning up to being a hater. BUT COME ON. When I search the fashion tag all I see is this shit and I don’t get it. Style, style is one thing. If this is your style, cool – go for it. And I’m not dissing you for blogging shit you like to look at. I’m not an awesome blogger by any means. I’m just saying all I see on the interwebs these days are sites very similar to what I have described and it’s not inspiring to see. I haven’t seen something new & innovative about fashion since Tumblr came around. So yes, I’m just ranting.
I’m going to carry on with my otherwise fantastic Monday. :)
(all images found searching on tumblr.)
2011 Costume Institute Gala remembers Alexander McQueen. This is the one event where everybody dresses in their most gorgeous/extravagant/ridiculous gowns and it always looks good, especially with this year’s theme.
The ones that looked good-
My absolute favorites of the night-
I was going to post the bad and boring ones but figured you’ve all seen all of them by now. I can’t even believe how many ladies played it safe for the event, but whatever. On to the next one.
The savage beauty thanks you for your time:
red carpet images from style.com
Supermodel of the 2000′s. Love her.
Guess who’s looking forward to turning 22 in a few days! Besides this being my birthday wish-list, it’s also a spring/summer must-have list.
(J. Crew’s Weekend Line)
(Bikinis by Basta Surf)
(Sailor Crop Top by RVCA)
(Light & Airy maxi dresses to beat the heat this summer)
(Anything by In God We Trust)
(Rafi Saddle Shoe by Dr. Martens)
(People Sunglasses by Super Sunglasses… Because I don’t own a single pair of sunnies)
(The Lady’s Apron from Anthro… to motivate me to cook)
(Books – since USPS lost ALL of mine :[ )
& last but not least